What is Yoga
Some Principles of Yoga Practiced at Clayfield Yoga Studio
• The journey of Yoga begins with an attitude of self-acceptance. Trust and caring is a primary focus of Radiant Light Yoga; emphasis is on practicing Yoga from your heart with self-compassion and respect.
• Radiant Light Yoga modifies the pose to the person, rather than the person to the pose. This approach helps each individual to find the safest and most effective way to practice with compassion and without judgment.
• The teaching of asana with proper alignment and the safety precautions to enhance the benefits of the pose and to allow longevity in the practice of Yoga.
• Emphasis is placed on smooth transitions as we move from pose to pose; as we enter, hold and release each asana. Smooth transitions can transform a Yoga class into a deeper, meditative practice as apposed to just a physical exercise session.
• The Edge: Practicing Yoga with enough intensity to keep one’s mind completely present and awake whilst listening to the body’s internal wisdom in order to sustain a practice that is self-nurturing. The edge in our Yoga practice is that perfect place where we find balance between the Self-effort and Surrender in the pose.
• As Radiant Light Yoga teachers we hold the sacredness and respect for the past teachers and teachings of Yoga and for the sacred vibration that flows through in the class.
• Expanding the practice to include and embrace all of nature. To care for the earth by living as simply as possible.
• Awareness of energy (prana): Emphasizing a growing awareness of the movement of energy generated by the practice primarily through asana, pranayama, relaxation and meditation. To help students to learn how to direct this awakened energy for self-healing and self-mastery.